The University of Information Technology has been accredited as Red Hat Academy for faculties and students to start learning journey with Red Hat. Red Hat Academy’s learning platform provides course contents, guided exercises, and Labs in a practical way. Currently, UIT-Red Hat Academy offers the first two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers such as Red Hat System administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System administration II (RH134).
RH124 focuses on foundational Linux concepts and core tasks. This course covers how to apply command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools, starting your journey towards a full-time Linux system administrator. Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) serves as the second part of the RHCSA training track for IT Professionals who have taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). The course goes deeper into core Linux system administration skills in storage configuration and management, installation, and deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, management of security features such as SELinux, control of recurring system tasks, management of the boot process and troubleshooting, basic system tuning, command-line automation and productivity, and basic container management.
After completion of these two courses, you are able to:
- Use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Create simple shell scripts
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure files systems and files system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists and network file systems
- Deploy, configure and maintain systems, including software installation, update and core services
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Perform basic container management
You are to take EX200 exam to be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA). UIT-Red Hat academy also offers a discount for exam fees after completion of both RH124 and RH134 properly.
Nowadays, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is a very popular system administrator and you can get high-paying jobs after the valuable training course.
As the first step of UIT- Red Hat Academy, Red Hat System administration I (RH124) course will be opened on 8th February, 2021.
Course Title : Red Hat System Administration (RH-124)
Time : Mon, Tues, Wed (10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.)
Duration : 8.2.2021~31.3.2021 (2 Months)
Target Student: Fourth Year & Fifth Year
Instructors : Dr. Aye Myat Myat Paing
Dr. Tin Tin Yee
Dr. Hnin Thiri Zaw
We are looking forward to seeing you at Red Hat System Administration (RH-124).