Build on, Myanmar 2020 Hackathon, organized by Amazon Web Services (AWS) was held from 9th November,2020 to 11th December,2020.
There are two Tracks in the competition: Awba and Ayeyarwady Foundation, which have two challenge themes each. The students are to take only one challenge. They have to submit their proposals and present their innovative ideas and solutions in a team of three.
The hundred teams were competed in the competition. Sixteen teams from U.I.T. also took part in this event.
After the first round of the competition, twelve teams were chosen for the next level. Among those, nine teams from U.I.T. were shortlisted on 30th November 2020.
Four teams from U.I.T. won the prizes in the Grand Finale held on 11th December 2020 as follows:
In Challenge Themes – Awba,
- Champion: Team Midas
(1) Swan Saung Lwin, 4th Year (Software Engineering)
(2) Myat The’ Chit, 4th Year (Business Information System)
(3) Phyo Maw Ko, 4th Year (High Performance Computing)
- 1st Runner Up: Team Ninjas
(1) Aung Khant Thaw, 4th Year (Knowledge Engineering)
(2) Kaung Myat Kyaw, 3rd Year (CS)
(3) Shoon Lei Naing, 2nd Year
In Challenge Themes – Ayeyarwady Foundation,
- Champion: Team Outliers
(1) Thant Thazin Eain, 3rd Year (CS)
(2) Pan Ingyin, 3rd Year (CS)
(3) Aung Ko Ko, B.C.Sc. (Business Information System)
- 1st Runner Up: Team KanPai
(1) Yamin Thiri Aung, 5th Year (High Performance Computing)
(2) Thet Mon Hnin, 5th Year (High Performance Computing)
(3) Thiri Yadanar Aung, 5th Year (High Performance Computing)
Build on, Myanmar 2020 Hackathon (AWS) web site: https://www.buildonmyanmar.com/